We are looking for an Apprentice Chef to join our passionate kitchen team. You will be working under our talented head chef preparing high quality dishes using the best fresh locally sourced ingredients.
- Apprenticeship level
Level 2 (GCSE)
Job role to include the below:
- Learning from more experienced Team Members how to work/run within a professional kitchen
- Experience different avenues, work your way up to be able to manage different elements of working in a kitchen
- Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times by completing various regular cleaning duties
- Supporting the kitchen team by making sure equipment is clean and available when needed, by using the pot wash and keeping the kitchen tidy
- Work safely around kitchen equipment.
- Maintaining a high standard of service & delivery at all times
- Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
- Adhere to policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Be involved and contribute at all team meetings and carry out instructions as given by Management
Requirements and prospects
- Good teamwork ethic
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure in a pressurised environment
- Organised multitasker
- Creativity and imagination for food presentation
- Passionate about developing your skills in the hospitality sector
- A willingness and desire to learn
- A smart and tidy appearance
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- A flexibility to work weekends and be part of a team
- Committed to providing a high standard of food
Minimum Entry level 3 or GCSE grade E/2 or equivalent qualifications in maths and English.
May lead to permanent employment for the right candidate on completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- Must be able to get to and from the place of work in a safe and timely manner
- Driving Licence preferable but not essential. However, all of our pubs are located around the New Forest/ Fordingbridge
- The Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship usually take 18 to 24 months to complete and you will need to spend 1 day a week at College during term time at our campus
- All of our workplaces are smoke-free in accordance with the Health Act 2006 and associated regulations. The company has a non-smoking policy and to encourage all our personnel to quit smoking
- For further information on the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW), please refer to: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
To apply: Please email email@example.com with a copy of your CV.